27th June 2oo6, Tuesday
Today in a writing class, we were asked to write an autobiography, i.e. something about myself. Well, I finished it quite early and I decided to hand in first. Lecturer marked my essay and commented that I am very protective over my mother, the way I express my life and my background in my essay portrays my characteristic and my beliefs.
Obviously, I am a very protective person. How so? Living in a single-parented family forced me to be exposed to the outside world and the cruel part of life much earlier than I realized. In fact, it has a big impact in me on how I behave and thinks. I never believe in love, that is why I am very hard to tackle (for guys, lol) and even in my family members� point of view, I am a very stubborn person. Oh Beloved daddy, Mr. Tan, you accomplished your mission in making my life (and my brother�s too.) miserable, and so you are now eligible for the award of The Most Innovative Entrepreneurship in Destroying Children�s Lives. I just love you so much that this love can make me take up a shotgun and fire straight into your skull and deep into your brain and at your last breath I�ll whisper to you �may you be happy meeting the guardian of hell...�. Hooray!!!
HUHH!!! Now it seems like the world is against me. Just had a fight with my mother about direct selling. Parents really came from the rock ages, don�t they? Sometimes they (or should I say she?) just don�t seems to understand what we (as children) do is actually for our future and also for their comfort as they aged - typical parents' characterictics. (maybe I should not generalize, maybe some parents do understand, I mean SOME�) I do seize every opportunity that lies ahead of me, to grab hold of everything and build my own future so that I will not burden her and use up all her savings and become a parasite in the family. She just doesn�t agree upon my decision. Sigh!!!
Wednesday, June 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment