23rd June 2oo6, Friday.
This week was a very tiring week for me, with lots of stuff to cope, e.g. exams, diet, etc� I was quite stress out on Wednesday as I was sitting for my psychology mid term test. Suddenly I can feel the pressure of being a scholarship student, i.e. to fulfill the requirement of a good student by maintaining CGPA 3.0 every semester. I really did study hard for that subject that day and well, I was happy and satisfied with the answers that I put on the test paper. Be Proud babe!
One thing that caught me during the test was the word sensory adaptation. Human beings are good in adapting a prolonged presentation of a stimulus. For instance, when we, from the dark, are exposed to light, we will be able to adapt to the brightness in about a few minutes. Aren�t we human good? Now, let me present to you, the StePhz theory of HABITUAL ADAPTATION!!! Haha.. Nothing much though, just that I thought human can actually familiarize ourselves when we�re exposed to a prolonged presentation of a certain habit. For instance, when you like to eat during TV time, it will become an instinctive action for you to grab a snack before you sit down and enjoy a show. Or if an individual is dependent on someone for transport, he/she will be reluctant to try and take public transportations; instead, one will just pick up the phone and ask for transportation. Sensory adaptation is autonomic, yet I believe that habitual adaptation can be altered by one�s determination, motivation and time. Cheerz�
Monday, June 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment